Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our First Ornaments



These were the first two Christmas ornaments Brent and I bought for each other. I actually remember us buying them together. It was in Wisconsin and we bought them before we got married that December. I remember what a special moment that was realizing that we were forming our own family and were starting our own decisions. Decisions that were as simple as choosing which ornaments we would purchase for our very own Christmas tree.

How far away that day seems to me right now. I wish that was the biggest decision we had to make this Christmas. Choosing and ornament for a tree seems such a simple and magical moment to be experiencing and yet doesn't every good story start with a simple moment such as this?

I love that Brent and I are still able to put these two on the tree together after all these years (almost 16!) These little plastic ornaments have made it through many moves, homes and various Christmas trees. God has blessed our marriage as well. We have also been through many moves, homes, children, illnesses and experiences. God had been faithful!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How special! Love Mom O