Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Tea Ornament




It was 1996, I believe and I stepped out in my uncomfortable zone and went to a women's ministry function at Northland. It was a Christmas Tea event and an ornament exchange. I honestly feel very uncomfortable at those types of functions as I feel like it is a "whos-who" of perfect moms and women and I am always the one that had failed at everything in my opinion. Nevertheless, I felt led that year to go to this event. I believe I took Brent's mom with me so that I would not be alone in my endeavor. I cannot even tell you what ornament I took, but this is the one I received. I love it that it is handmade and someone took the time to make this for me even though they did not know who would be receiving it. It is one of my favorites and I look forward to seeing it each year on the tree.

It always reminds me that stepping out of your comfort zone has its rewards. There are people that want to serve you and give to you if you only allow them to.

0 comments: