Monday, February 26, 2007

Fear



I find myself afraid many times. I am afraid of the present, future and sometimes the past. The unknown road and the known road provides fear for me. I know that there is comfort in the Lord, and there is also peace of mind as well. Yet, I continue to find a comfort in worrying about everything. Fear is a mental block. When engulfed in it, all other emotions are blocked out whether good or bad. It is encompassing and greedy. When I fill myself with fear there is no room for God. Isaiah address this in Chapter 8:

" The Lord has said to me in the strongest terms: "Do not think like everyone else does. Do not be afraid that some plan conceived behind closed doors will be the end of you. Do not fear anything except the Lord Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear him, you need fear nothing else."
Isaiah 8:11-13 (NLT)

0 comments: