Sunday, February 25, 2007

Boxes


My kids have a thing for boxes. They literally drool when I get something in the mail at the thought that the box might be available in the near future. This past week I received several large boxes in the mail. Colton was so sweet in not asking me to have the boxes, because I had stated that we might need them to pack in for our move. It wasn't long until I gave in however, after the pitiful, longing looks I was getting from the kids.

This photo is what they thought of doing with the boxes. Sit them on the couch, fill them with pillows and blankets, get a snack and watch TV. What an exciting alternative to just sitting on the couch and watching TV!

I get jealous of the children in this respect. To have that innocent wonder and fun again. To be able to see a box and imagine endless possiblities or find joy in sitting in a box and watching TV. What a gift childhood is to the soul. Jesus knew this wonder and appreciated this imagination.

" One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could touch and bless them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
When Jesus saw what was happening, he was angry with his disciples. He said to them, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.”
Mark 10:13-15

0 comments: