Sunday, March 2, 2008

Vacancy


There are times that I feel that my heart goes through a period of vacancy. Seems like my whole soul can get lost in the chaos of everyday life and I so easily forget the reasons I have to exist in my life. The last few weeks I have felt this way.


I think of the desert often, (this is where I grew up). It is barren, and even the smallest plant can stand out miles away for its contrast of green against the drab brown dirt, rocks and sand. It is amazing how even a small word of encouragement can stand out to me during these times. Don't underestimate words! They can be very powerful to those who so desperately need a little green in their brown.
Job 38:25-27
“Who created a channel for the torrents of rain?
Who laid out the path for the lightning?
Who makes the rain fall on barren land,
in a desert where no one lives?
Who sends rain to satisfy the parched ground
and make the tender grass spring up?"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
You painted a good picture here with your words and Job's words. I relate. Love Mom O.