Saturday, March 8, 2008

Football

Brent is headlong into football season once again. The team's first flag football game was last Saturday and I as I type this we are preparing to head out for game #2. Brent loves coaching the team and the boys... well they will be boys as you can see from the picture. It is hard to organize and concentrate the efforts of 9-11 year old boys towards the common goal of winning.

It is through growth and maturing that they have come to realize that they need the structure of repetition and strategic play to win a game. That truly is the Christian walk as well. It is not all fun! There are time that the repetition of prayer and trusting in God is what is needed to keep going. Knowing that victory does not come merely by being the best or the fastest, but by the patience and hard work of following instruction and plan.

I Corinthians 9:24
" Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified."

0 comments: