Monday, March 3, 2008

Alone

Sometimes you can feel alone in the middle of life. I know that feeling. There are times I feel that there is so much going around me, yet I feel as if I am the only one in the stands. I know this is a selfish feeling that God does not generate, but still I feel that way. Sometimes it is a good thing, though. I know that I need to be alone at times to hear God's voice above the crowd. I can get so busy in everything that I do, that I neglect to hear His voice of encouragement.
Ecclesiastes 4:7-9
"I observed yet another example of something meaningless under the sun.
This is the case of a man who is all alone, without a child or a brother, yet who works hard to gain as much wealth as he can. But then he asks himself,
“Who am I working for? Why am I giving up so much pleasure now?”
It is all so meaningless and depressing.
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. "

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true! Mom O.