Friday, January 18, 2008

Stockades

Okay, I can't remember what Brent did, but the punishment must have been just! Of course this was Disney World a few years ago. A great Kodak moment for sure.

I really can relate to this though. I do this to myself continually when I make a mistake. I lock myself into some sort of internal stockade and stay there without a determined sentence of punishment. I ridicule myself for not being perfect or for failing God or my family. This is such wrong thinking. God would never put us in stockades to be ridiculed and punished. Jesus did that for us on the cross, so we would not have to endure this type of torture.

So why do I choose to do what has been paid for already by Jesus? It is so hard to accept that I do not have to do anything more to gain favor with God and I do not need to punish myself continually for falling short. God's grace and love are too indescribable and amazing for me to truly understand.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

0 comments: