Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Busyness

John Baldessari, «I will not make any more boring Art»,
1971Photography © John Baldessari


This piece is from the Modern art class I took recently. I love this piece, and yes it is art. You can take it for what it is, or you can look deeper and realize that he is using this to make a point, scolding himself for being 'status quo" and reminding himself to put expression in his art.

I think everyone would benefit from writing sentences now and then. I would start with...
I will not complain about my life.
I will remember to be thankful for what I have.
I will not be selfish.
I will think of others above myself.
I will be content where I am
II Corinthians 11:16-17
"I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then receive me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting. In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool."
"

0 comments: