Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Good News



Where were you when you received word last of good news? I will have to admit, I can't come up with any examples in my own life. Where were you when you received word last of bad news. I know exactly where I was! I can tell you what I was doing, eating, thinking and wearing. Why? I have asked myself this week why I disregard so much good in my life and focus on so much bad. Why do I strive to live in discomfort and throw away the good in my life to do so?

I once read an article that stated the top ten good moments in life that go unnoticed. One of the top moments was "the moment that your headache goes away". It is kind of funny that we can go along with a throbbing headache and then when it stops we don't even realize that it is gone.

I am challenged this week to bathe in the good moments, the good news and the good in my life. I don't want to disregard or even ignore the good that happens each day. I want to be able to break into the hallelujah chorus the minute my headache goes away! I want to notice the good news. I want to be able to tell you where I was, what I was doing, what I was wearing and what I was thinking when it happend. God is good!


1 Chronicles 16:23-24

" Let the whole earth sing to the Lord!
Each day proclaim the good news that he saves.
Publish his glorious deeds among the nations.
Tell everyone about the amazing things he does."

0 comments: