Friday, August 10, 2007

Chaos


Our life is in chaos right now. Not that it is a bad thing. I have found that everytime I find myself in this situation, something BIG happens. Something I would not have been able to handle on its own. God knows that I need the distractions of a million different things so that nothing seems so big that it cannot be handled. I realized today that chaos can be a gift from God. I love Christmas morning, it so quiet in the early mornings and then a few hours later.......CHAOS! Paper everywhere, toys, clothes, you name it all around the room. But it is a good chaos, there is no other way to do Christmas. I am trying to find joy and comfort in the chaos, it won't always be there. For that I am thankful.

Psalm 46:5-7

"God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed.
From the very break of day, God will protect it.
The nations are in chaos,
and their kingdoms crumble!
God’s voice thunders,
and the earth melts!
The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us;
the God of Israel is our fortress."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily

I can't sleep tonight so I thought I'd look at your blog. Thanks a lot. I really liked the ones about the meltdown and the Ravioli can. Sometime I think I should stop making mistakes. After all, I am soon to be 63. I too am very grateful God doesn't give up on me.

I love you Em. Mom