Saturday, August 11, 2007

Doubt


It is hard to see clearly when doubt hangs overhead. I am best friends with doubt, and it really isn't a good thing. Seems like when something good comes my way, I immediately question that I am worthy of it. If something good comes my way, I doubt that it will last or that it is for real. I doubt that I have the ability to make it through the day, and somehow each day I do. God is teaching me that doubt ruins a perfectly good view. Apprehension can be healthy, but doubt robs the best intentions. God is working on me in this area, it is a process that leads to freedom. I thank God that He hasn't given up on me and continues on when I don't feel like I can.

Psalm 94:18-19

"I cried out, “I am slipping!”
but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
When doubts filled my mind,
your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."

0 comments: