Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Contentment




" If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave, you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me."
Psalm 139:8-10 (NLT)

I loved taking the kids to the ocean when they were young. We would pack a bag of snacks and a bag of sand toys and were set for hours. The kids were so content to just dig in the sand and watch the ocean cover their creations with water. They would then start all over and do it again. Such contentment to just be in the moment and enjoy doing something so repetitive.

I long for that contentment in my own life. The ability to just start over every day and enjoy working on something I have already worked on over and over. Just like the boys and their sand castles, they found joy starting over. I want that joy, and I want that enthusiasm and rest. Only the Lord gives it and only He can make starting over a pleasurable experience.

0 comments: