Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Tyler!


I woke up this morning in a house that had a teenager! Can you believe it? I don't know what to do with a teenager. I know I was one once, but that is the only experience I have in understanding one (which doesn't give me much comfort!). Tyler turned 13 years old today. We are so amazed how God could use us to raise such a fine young man. He keeps us praying and looking to God along with his brothers and sister.

Tyler loves racing and just spent the day yesterday at Daytona watching the races. You can see him sporting his new jacket in the photo. His favorite driver is Bobby Labonte and he had been wanting a jacket for so long. It is neat to see passion in someone that loves something so strongly. God honors athletes in the Bible and recognizes their passion and drive to succeed. We are encouraged to do the same in our own Christian walk.

" Remember that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize. You also must run in such a way that you will win. All athletes practice strict self-control. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize." I Corinthians 9:24-25 (NLT)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TYLER

WE LOVE YOU AND THANK JESUS FOR YOU! WE MISS YOU!

I printed your picture out. It's the first time I've done anything like that. The first time I did it all that got printed were your hands. I'll send it to you. It's pretty cool. Love, Mam

Anonymous said...

Hey Tyler... I am so glad God gave you to us. I love you and enjoy watching you grow.