Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!



Happy Valentines Day to everyone! What a special day to remember those we love, whether it is a spouse, parent, child, friend or other family member. In honor of Valentines Day I am posting my all-time favorite photo of Brent and I. We were a few months from being married and we were both employed at McDonalds during college. This picture is a true testimony of the things that you are willing to do when you are in love! Aren't we cute in our matching uniforms?

I miss those days. It is fun working with the person you love most in the same job! I love that we were willing to do anything to start out our life together. Of course, working at McDonalds isn't what I dream of doing at this time, but I dream of the day that Brent and I can work at a job together again.

Marriage is work and two people are need to make it prosper. I love the book of Ecclesiastes and I think it is perfect for today's holiday:
"Two people can accompish more than twice as much as one; they get a better return for their labor. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble. And on a cold night, two under the same blanket can gain warmth from each other. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12a (NLT)

0 comments: