Monday, July 16, 2007

Meltdown


Every had a meltdown? I felt that way this weekend. Sometimes the silliest things can make you come undone and then you find yourself in tears over something that isn't life-changing. I think we all have a stress meter that fills and fills until one little thing puts it over the edge and then we meltdown and release the stress and start all over again. That is how I operate. I am glad that God gives us release from stress. I am glad that sometimes it is okay to come undone and realize that we really need God. He doesn't get stressed out and we cannot put Him over the edge. He is constant and calm when we are not.

Psalms 6:6-9
" I am worn out from groaning;
all night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.

My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.

The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer. "

0 comments: