Friday, July 20, 2007

"F"


Ever seen that grade before? I have... twice in one month. I currently am in a Statistics and Research class. It doesn't sound like math, does it? It is math and hard math. It is trying to use a part of my brain that is covered in cobwebs. I think that part of my brain needs a new battery because I can't seem to jumpstart it. Of course I take it personally..because it is my grade and a reflection of my performance. Last night I completed my last assignment in my class and right now my textbook is sitting in a black garbage bag on the curb outside waiting for that big green truck to take it away. It felt so good to throw that book away. I was so upset that I just had to sleep on it hoping the morning would bring enlightenment. Last night I just wanted to give up and quit everything. I hate not being able to understand everything. I hate that there are some things that no matter how hard I try, that I might never understand. It makes me realize how God is like that. We can never comprehend Him fully. He is wise, he is complex and knows abundantly more than our little brains can compute. Its okay to be a failure a something. It's okay to not know-it-all. That's God's job. He is the best at that.

Job 21:22
"Can anyone teach knowledge to God,
since he judges even the highest?"

1 comments:

Jennifer Williams said...

Thank goodness that a "F" in class doesn't mean that you have a "F" in life...you have accomplished so much...raising four children, committed to your marriage,stayed committed to God, recieved a degree, can sew, can write, sought after for a position, pretty...I could go on and on...so you be encouraged!