Thursday, February 22, 2007

Laundry


I HATE to do laundry. There is never a good time to do laundry in my eyes until you have to. When I get down to the clothes that I don't like to wear or that pair of underwear that has holes in it that I refuse to throw away, I know I have reached that magical moment to drag the hamper out to the laundry room.

I am unsure of the reasons for my laundry-hatred, but I am sure that there is a psychiatrist somewhere that would be more than willing to give me some insight into my condition.

I think that is what I envy about Adam and Eve. They had no clothes to wash, perfect scenario. Why did they have to go and sin like that?

God uses the term wash/washing all through the Bible. Isn't amazing how God uses all of our mondain, household tasks as examples of His glory? He uses the language all through the Bible that we can grasp and understand. I am going to try to focus on the following verses today as I tackle my clothing mountain.

" And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise."
Hebrews 10:21-23 (NLT)

Aren't you glad that God isn't afraid of doing his laundry? He took us on and through his sacrifice made us clean. What a wonderful gift.

0 comments: