Friday, February 6, 2009

My Way!



A couple nights ago we were getting ready to have supper and Dakota was determined that she was going to have "Ogurt" (yogurt) before supper. When I say determined, I mean DETERMINED! She tried asking every kind of way she could, but I simply told her that in a few minutes we were going to have supper and that she could have some yogurt later. I hadn't turned my back more than a few minutes and she had grabbed a yogurt out of the fridge, took the top off and ran down the hall. When I realized what she had done, I ran after her and grabbed the yogurt. What took me by surprise is that she couldn't find a spoon, so she had grabbed the medicine dispenser. (The kind you put liquid medicine in to give to a baby or small child) Dakota didn't want to ask me for a spoon because she knew she wasn't even supposed to have the yogurt in the first place. In turn, her choice of spoon was not even a spoon and was not working very well although she was trying her hardest to make it work.

Wow! How many times have I done that? God keeps telling me he has a plan and even sometimes what that plan is, but takes too long..... So what do I do? I find some way to make that plan work myself! Just like Dakota, it never works out the way I think it is. In my pride I keep trying to make it work but realize that I am not prepared or the timing was not right. I continually am learning to wait on God for his perfect timing.

Psalm 5:3

" In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation. "

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one! That's the kind I like:) This reminds me of the day in Sunday School that we had no spoons to stir our cocoa. We fashioned one out of the paper envelope it came in and you are right, it didn't work so well. Love Mom