Sunday, December 14, 2008

Reindeer




I received this ornament when I was in elementary school from a childhood friend. I still have it to this day and it reminds me of the joys of childhood. We lose the appreciation and wonder of the simplest things as we grow older. I still remember that this was a special ornament that you could only get if you bought a certain amount of gift certificates from McDonald's. It was such an honor to me to own a unique ornament such as this. I remember thinking this to myself!

McDonald's was such a special treat and seemed to have some magical value to me. Today most children view the experience as just another dinner in the car on the way to somewhere! How things change! I long for these days once more where McDonald's was a magical treat and getting a special promotion was the highlight of my Christmas!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a special ornament. You and Jason and Kimbersly had lots of fun.