Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The First Star




This is a very special Christmas star. Brent and I put it on layaway along with an artificial tree at Walmart for our 1993 Christmas. I remember when we finally paid it off and were able to bring it to our little apartment at Bible School. What a special time that was. I long for those simple days again when picking up a tree from layaway was a special occasion.

Just another reminder of the more we gain, the more we lose. I was thinking about that this year as I have been reflecting on a lot of our family memories. We were the happiest when we did not have as much. I think that is the lesson God teaches in his Word and it truly is the heart of being a Christian! Finding that peace and fulfillment in Christ will leave you fully content!

0 comments: