Monday, August 20, 2007

Firsts



Monday was our family's day of firsts. My first day of work, Dakota's first day of daycare, and the boys first day of school. It was the first for us to go to the new building our Church built. It was an exhausting day! We all survived and am sure that we are better for it.

Firsts are very scarry. The aprehension that accompanies a new experience can be crippling to say the least. We are insecure in the not-knowing. Good or bad, we usually would rather be comfortable in what to expect next. Life is uncontrollable. I have had to come to grips with that. If we could script our lives and cast the players that we would like to come in contact with, there would be no adventure and our lives would be quite boring. No one would grow, learn or experience the beautiful gift of surprise! In the end, when the shock of a new experience fades, it is suddenly comforting to go forward in a direction that I wouldn't have planned for myself had I been given the chance. I love that God knows we need a little excitement, a little drama and a little mystery in our lives.


1 Corinthians 2:6-8


"Yet when I am among mature believers, I do speak with words of wisdom, but not the kind of wisdom that belongs to this world or to the rulers of this world, who are soon forgotten. No, the wisdom we speak of is the mystery of God—his plan that was previously hidden, even though he made it for our ultimate glory before the world began. But the rulers of this world have not understood it; if they had, they would not have crucified our glorious Lord."

0 comments: