Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Another Meltdown


How many meltdowns am I allowed in a year? I feel that I have already filled my annual requirements in this department. I realize it is hard to get into a routine all at once and not getting proper sleep for the last few days hasn't benefited me either. I am finding myself struggling to get back into the workforce at full-speed. I knew it would be hard coming back to the office, but I didn't expect to be so overwhelmed by numbers and papers. Of course, once again, I thought I could do it all by myself. Will I ever learn? After crying all the way home from work Tuesday, I realized I hadn't asked God for the help that I needed.

Things look different through God's eyes. Where He sees the compassion of the heart, we see the incompetenece of the person. Where He sees opportunity, we see failure. Where He sees promise, we see failure. Where he sees growth, we see failure. What is the pattern here? I know I focus on the thought of failure, while He is seeing an intricate pattern of growth. Mistakes aren't a failure nor do they make me a failure. They are a learning tool to become stronger and grow in technique.

What is the best way to do something right? Make an unintentional mistake. Mistakes are simply reminders to do it right next time. The consequences rememberd of doing it wrong shout loudly when faced with the same situation again. I am thankful that I am a work in progress.

Ecclesiastes 10:4

" If your boss is angry at you, don’t quit!
A quiet spirit can overcome even great mistakes."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
Well said! Hang in there! You are in my prayers a lot this week! Love Mom