Monday, June 25, 2007

Changing Face



This photo is of the television I am in search of for the new house. I had almost won one on ebay and was outbid (partly because I forgot to check on the auction). No one sells them in this area, and the auctions are always "local pick-up It is an Admiral television from the 40s to 50s. This was quite the item in its day! Everyone would gather around this television to watch their evening show. I have to laugh because the screen in our portable/car dvd player is almost the same size. Times change. Now we complain if we dont have a 52 inch television in every room. I can't imagine all of us watching a footbal game around this television. It is amazing how the contentment with a television this size went the minute a larger screen was invented. I know I do the same thing in my own life. The minute I have a content thought, I am searching for a better situation to size up the one I currently have. I will keep looking for this piece of furniture, it is my quest. I will also keep reminding myself to be content where I am. Only God can give it, only I can take it away.

Ecclesiasties 1:7-9
" Rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full. Then the water returns again to the rivers and flows out again to the sea. Everything is wearisome beyond description. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content.

History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new. "

0 comments: