Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Child-Like Faith

I have been challenged this morning by once again, my little girl. She found my journal from years ago yesterday and was carrying it around. I realized this morning that she had put it by my bathroom sink. I picked it up earlier to read what I had written years ago.

I used to journal when the boys were small as it gave me an outlet from my busy, hectic pace of life which stems from little sleep and mounds of laundry. My middle son had just been born and I was 22 years old with two under the age of two. I hate the fact (not really) that I had such optimism and comfort in the Lord in those days. I think understanding that I did not yet know how much this cruel, old world can hurt you and those you love, I wonder if I was just ignorant in my thinking. Yet, at the same time, isn't that what God loved about children? Jesus remarked about their child-like faith and their approach is what we should all model?

I am going to post one a day as long as I have pages in the journal. I have enjoyed looking through this journal and hopefully you will be able to find comfort in child-like faith once again.

Emily

0 comments: