Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mending a bumper....



I saw this in a parking lot yesterday and discovered that I was looking at a portrait of myself. Can you see the resembelance? I feel this way. I have made many mistakes in my life and feel that I have many dings and dents. Just like this car, I try to fix things that I have no skill to fix.

Apparently there is no way for this trunk to close, so packing tape was used to keep it shut while driving. We many snicker or laugh at this sight, but in our lives do we not do the same thing? We claim to know how to fix things only God can mend. We work in our own efforts and we settle for a sad substitute when sometimes God wants to just bring us in the body shop and have us shine like new.

Psalm 30:1-3

" I will exalt you, O LORD,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.

O LORD, you brought me up from the grave [b] ;
you spared me from going down into the pit."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true. Love Mom O

My Army Brats and Me said...

love you girl

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Dear friends

We do not agree with this year BRITs 2010 decision.

Please visit our little survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than ?????

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/schoenheitschirurgie/bruststraffung/index.html]bruststraffung[/url]

Do you have a burning question we could ask all the stars at The BRIT Awards?