Saturday, May 24, 2008

Wire Hanger



Brent and I recently had to evict our tenant from our rental house. (the one I prayed we could sell last year) It was not a fun situation and we have spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure out how we are going to fix everything that has been broken in the house. These pictures are of our tenants attempt to fix a broken light fixture. I have seen many uses for a wire hanger and nails in the past, but this was a first for me as a home repair device.
I had to laugh a little over the situation and realize that I do this same thing in my own life. I usually don't wait for God to help me fix something, I try to come up with my own way of fixing things. These attempts do not last forever, most times it is a temporary fix for a permanent problem. Only God can come along and repair what is broken. I know if I try to repair it myself, my efforts will just be a little wire hanger trying to hold up a light fixture.
Ezekiel 9:10b-11
"They are like workers who think they can fix a shaky wall by covering it with paint.
But when I send rainstorms, hailstones, and strong winds, the wall will surely collapse."

0 comments: