Wednesday, March 12, 2008

One Way Track


Ever think about railroad trains? I have to, my son is obsessed with trains and all of the railroad things that go with it. He has model trains, train books and many magazines. I have you ever really thought about the way a train operates? It can't turn around! Once it is going forward that is the only direction that it can go until it reaches a turntable that can physically get it going in another direction.
I think how hard it is for me to turn around when I get going in one direction. It is VERY hard to change my ways. It is even harder for me to realize that I need help in changing directions. That is what repentence really means, "to change ones mind and move in a different direction. Christ is that turntable we need to do so. Without Him, it just can't be done.
Psalm 51:16-17
" You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one.
You do not want a burnt offering.
The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God."

2 comments:

Jennifer Williams said...

You really should get your "devotionals" published!

Love you,

jenn

Kendra Rickert said...

What a great example of repentence!