Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

This picture was taken last Easter. As you can see, Dakota has only a small amount of candy in her basket. She found what she wanted, a lollipop and was content to stop the hunt. Of course, her greedy brothers couldn't get enough candy!! I say greedy, but thinking about it we all had that desire as we grew up to get as much as we could when given the chance. Dakota's age finds contentment in the small, simple things like a dum dum lollipop.

When was the last time you truly enjoyed something simple? It is my challenge this season to understand the simple message of Salvation. Christ died for us, so we would not have to. This should be enough for me to savor and enjoy, but I still greedly keep looking for more and more and more. I pray that this weekend I take the time to enjoy the gift of Christ's love for us without griping or complaining about all that I do not have. Savoring the sweet love of Christ is the best treat of Easter.

Romans 5:8-9

" But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

0 comments: