Thursday, October 4, 2007

Win

What kind of week have you had? Did you come out a winner? When the Cubs win a game they put up this flag. It is testimony to the outcome of their efforts. Everyone knows they are a winner when the flag flies high. I have reflected on my attitude this week and don't feel like I would be worthy to fly a winner flag. Then I realized that if God is in my life I am a winner every day. Because of him I am worthy to be called a winner.

Proverbs 3:3-5

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,

All I can think of is how the winners of a game celebrate and that because we are winners in Christ, we should celebrate Jesus. Thanks for your provoking thoughts. Love Mom O.