Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Ice Cream Truck


When we first moved into our new home, there was one annoying occurance that would happen at about 10 am and again in the afternoon every day....The Ice Cream truck! Because our subdivision is still under construction, there are hundreds of workers in our area who are great business for the ice cream truck. She sells drinks and other foods as well, so is a great stop for lunch. What is annyoning isn't the fact that she serves food, but that annoying song that plays over and over and over. It is only 2 or 3 bars of a song and is in MIDI form so sounds like an old cell phone ring tone. I can't place the song and have wondered time and time again how she can stand driving the truck ALL DAY. Is she deaf? Is she already crazy? Does she wear earphones? Then yesterday I realized something, I don't hear the truck anymore. I am so used to it that I don't notice when it goes by. Now occasionally I do hear it, but it is rare. It made me think of sin. When involved in habitual sin, the warning signs are there, the Holy Spirit yells and shouts. If ignored, he gets a little quieter each time until there is no voice. The Holy Spirit is always shouting, it is us that tunes him out. Just like the Ice Cream truck, grating at first and then silence. It is my prayer that I listen for Him each day no matter what the circumstances. He wants to guide and be there with the refreshment that we need. Look for him and listen when he comes around the corner.

Ephesians 4:30
" And do not bring sorrow to God’s Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption."

0 comments: