Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rough Road


Easter morning, I took a drive and came accross this sign. I literally went down the road and made a U-Turn and came back and pulled off to take a picture of this sign. I have never actually seen this sign on a road before. The funny thing is, I think God put it there for me and let's just say He had my full attention.

I put this photo as my computer wallpaper on Sunday, not even knowing what Monday would bring to me and my family! As our family well knows, we have been through a lot of hardships and God has done a wondeful work in our lives. I am so blessed that He has not given up on me yet! We got news on Monday that really was earth-shattering to us. The ironic thing was I already knew that the road was going to be rough the day before somehow.

I have been thinking about this sign today. When you are driving in your car and you see a sign such as this, what do you do? If you are like me, you would probably slow down, be alert and cautious as you move forward. I do not think anyone would answer, "turn the car around immediately and not proceed!" That would not make sense, especially if home was just down the road. We would automatically know that someone had assessed the road situation and considered it driveable, but with caution and care. We have faith in the D.O.T in these instances, don't we?

So why do we not trust our creator? When He post that big sign in my life, why is my first instinct to turn the car around? Or maybe I could just pull off on the side of the road until the construction is finished. When the road is perfect, then I will proceed. (In Florida, that would never happen!) It sounds so silly when speaking of roads, doesn't it? God has promised that He will be there for us. It is He that has assessed our road and deemed it traveable. Although we may need to proceed with caution, we can know that home is on the other side.

Psalm 37:34
" Put your hope in the Lord.
Travel steadily along his path"

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

Good thoughts Emily! You all are in our prayers. Love Mom

Sheryl said...

wow, what a great post! this is my first time here, i am going to stay and read for a bit.