Monday, April 13, 2009

Lessons from Chickens



I was driving to work the other morning and came across this site in the middle of a busy intersection. Remember the childhood joke, why did the chicken cross the road ? That was the first thing that came to my mind! What in the world were these chickens doing in the middle of town and why would they even think about crossing this busy intersection? There are no farms even close to here and I have no idea how they got there in the first place.

Then I thought of the answer of this childish riddle: to get to the other side. What a feat for these chickens if they were able to make it accross!

I have felt like these chickens lately. I end up in situations that seem to big for me and I usually feel like I stand out like a sore thumb!! I just want to run back to the farm where I belong and yet I realize that I am in a place on purpose and what a wonderful joy it will be when I accomplish what noone else (including myself) would have thought possible. Doesn't God do this for us in our daily lives?

Psalm 126:2-4
" We were filled with laughter,
and we sang for joy. And the other nations said,
“What amazing things the Lord has done for them.”
Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us!
What joy!

0 comments: